Dror Rotter, Founder - Business Development and Representation in Japan, Manager
I have been practicing karate since the age of 16, this made me interested
in Japan. Following an advertisement of the Japanese Embassy about scholarships
appeared on the bulletin board of Students Association, I had applied and
eventually won a scholarship and studied in Japan for about 4 years. After my
return to Israel, I worked as a VLSI development engineer for about 6 years; however
I wanted to combine in my work the connection to Japan. So I decided to change
my occupation and started doing business development in Japan in which I am
specializing till today.
I will be happy to assist companies who are interested in the challenges
and the opportunities in the Japanese market.
- Bachelor of Science in
Computer Science, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology.
- Master of Science in
Computer Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Japan.
- Extensive knowledge of
Japanese business practices and language.
- Relationships with leading
companies in Japan.
- Ability to open doors and form
new connections in Japan.
- Business Development
Manager for the Japanese marketplace since 2005.
- Wide range experience in promoting
life science, biotech, high-tech, agricultural, industrial and consumer
products in Japan.
- Accredited consultant of
the Israeli Export Institute, Ministry of Economy - MAOF program.
- 6 years employment experience as VLSI development engineer in the
semiconductor field for Fujitsu Microelectronics Israel and for Oren
- 2 years employment experience as a software
development engineer and project manager for ZNAX Communication and One1
Technologies in Israel as well as for TOYOBO DressingSim in Japan
Neta Kalmanson, Partner - Business Development and Investments from Japan, Manager
simply falling in love with the amazing country of Japan, from the very first
moment I arrived there, I decided that I wanted to explore this fascinating
country deep down to its roots, to study its challenging language and history, as
well as its unique business culture, which I very much respect.
The fact that I was lucky enough to be awarded
the Japanese Monbusho Scholarship, granted by the Japanese Ministry of
Education, enabled me to
write my Master’s Thesis in Economics in Osaka University, to live in Osaka for
2 years, and thus to speak and write Japanese fluently.
return to Israel, I’ve represented both Israeli and Japanese companies interested
in fruitful collaboration.
I am always
happy to assist Israeli companies seeking to penetrate the challenging Japanese
market, as well as Japanese companies attempting to find innovative
technologies in Israel - the Start Up Nation.
- Director and Management Committee member of the Israel-Japan Chamber of Commerce
- BA in Economics and East Asia (Japan), with Honors. Hebrew University, Jerusalem
- MA in Macro Economics, (Expertise - Japanese Economics). Hebrew University, Jerusalem
- Research Student at Osaka University (wrote my MA
- Speaks and writes Japanese at a proficient Business level
- Fully conversant with the nuances of Japan’s business culture
and its customs.
- Well connected with numerous key persons
from the business arena, academic institutions as well as bureaucrats &
- Assistance in raising Japanese investments to Israeli start-ups.
- Graduated from the MIL- OSD course (Outside
Director for public companies)
- Managing the Japanese desk for Israeli
companies since 1993, with vast experience in opening doors in Japan,
allocating local agent/distributor, etc.
- Act as a local scouting agent to identify the most recent innovative Israeli technologies on behalf of Japanese companies.
- Accredited consultant of the Israeli Export Institute, Ministry of Economy - MAOF program